Health System Membership
How a health care system cares for its most ill and vulnerable patients speaks volumes about the quality of that organization. At Providence St. Joseph Health we have an opportunity to provide state-of-the-art care; doing so requires real sophistication in how we train clinicians and develop specialty palliative care programs. CAPC is the authoritative source for both education in clinical best practices in care of people with serious illness and their families and programmatic expertise for building relationships with a health system’s leadership and developing compelling business cases for the specialty service line of palliative care. We felt that a systemwide CAPC membership was the right way to support our palliative care programs and colleagues across this highly diverse seven-state health system.
For health systems aiming to improve patient satisfaction, reduce readmissions, and drive high-value care, palliative care is a key strategy. CAPC membership provides valuable tools to help health system leaders improve the care of seriously ill patients and their families, tackle key strategic initiatives, and achieve quality goals. Including clinical education for all health professionals and targeted program tools for palliative care teams, all staff at CAPC member organizations have unlimited access to CAPC training and resources.
Use CAPC membership to:
- Support enterprise level mission and quality goals
- Standardize and minimize variability of patient care
- Fulfill accreditation/certification requirements
- Design and implement a health system palliative care strategy
- Find answers to challenging questions about meeting the needs of patients with serious illness
- Offer free continuing education credits and ABIM MOC credits to all staff
- Help clinicians complete licensing, certification, DEA, and other training requirements
- Address training and skills gaps
- Maximize billing receipts for palliative care services
- Ensure all patients have equitable access to health care services
Membership fees are based on a per entity basis. System discounts may apply.