The Center to Advance Palliative Care staff comes to work every day with one purpose—to expand access to high-quality care for all people living with a serious illness, and their families.
CAPC strives to create a diverse workplace that fosters and develops the skills, abilities, and happiness of our team members. We are an equal opportunity employer looking for talented, forward-thinking, energetic individuals to make a difference and join our team.
Benefits of Working at CAPC
- Collaborative work environment
- Culture of learning and professional development
- Access to a robust benefits package through the Mount Sinai Health System
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health plans
- Employee wellness program
- Discounts to shows, concerts, movies, and sporting events
Join Our Team
Education Technology Project Manager
CAPC is seeking a full-time Education Technology Project Manager to oversee development and online dissemination of an online clinical training curriculum. CAPC’s curriculum has been used nationally by nearly 40,000 clinicians, who have completed 260,000 online continuing education courses in core clinical skills needed to care for patients with serious illness. The Project Manager will report to the Vice President of Education and be a key member of the Education team, working closely with online course development and instructional design vendors, Learning Management System web developers, and field experts to develop new training content for clinicians caring for people with serious illness.
The candidate will be highly organized; will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a demonstrated background in complex project management, and a passion for using education to improve quality of life for vulnerable populations. The candidate will also have strong analytical and organizational skills, and a high comfort level learning to use new technologies including CAPC’s learning management system and CRM (Salesforce). Preference will be given to candidates with a background in education technology or online learning - knowledge of the health care system is preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as project manager for the development of new CAPC online training content for clinicians, including oversight of external Subject Matter Expert (SME) workgroups and content review. Project topics will include clinical palliative care knowledge acquisition and will cycle over time.
- Engage CAPC’s online course technology vendor and learning management web developers to ensure that content is presented in an interactive, modern, and user-friendly format using best current adult learning principles. This Project Manager will maintain an active relationship with CAPC’s external course developers in order to stay abreast of national trends in online learning.
- Synthesize CAPC user feedback to inform future content development within the Education Department.
- Work with CAPC’s web developer and marketing department to develop functionality and promotional strategies to increase course utilization among CAPC’s member organizations.
- Support the Education Department with additional ad hoc tasks including content/product review, maintenance of content on CAPC’s online learning platform, and preparation of continuing education applications for CAPC training courses.
- Occasional travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of professional experience; background in the field of education technology required, background in health care a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires flexibility and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Comfort learning new technologies
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce, or other CRM software, project management software, and Learning Management software a plus
How to Apply:
Click here to submit your Cover Letter and Resume.