Welcome to the Center to
Advance Palliative Care
We provide essential tools, training, technical assistance, and connection for all clinicians caring for people with a serious illness.
CAPC is here to support you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What's New at the Center to Advance Palliative Care
Events, ideas, and resources for improving the care of people living with a serious illness.
Resilience in the Face of COVID-19: An Update from Four Seasons’ Project ECHO
How Four Seasons' Project ECHO initiative pivoted to focus on COVID-19, offering critical support for health care workers facing moral distress, grief, and compassion fatigue.
Updates: CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources toolkit
Updated tools and resources in the CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources toolkit.
Become a CAPC Member
Join a vibrant network of health care professionals at over 1,500 organizations benefiting from CAPC membership
- Start or strengthen your palliative care program
- Address gaps in care
- Train staff of all specialties and disciplines in communication, pain and symptom management, and other key skills
CAPC offers a wide variety of free resources, but members get exclusive access to even more.
Clinical and operational online curriculum with FREE continuing education credits for all disciplines, and free MOC points for physicians
Webinars with leading experts in the field, and Virtual Office Hours where you can consult with CAPC faculty
Hundreds of ready-to-use tools, tutorials, case studies, and monographs to draw from best practices in palliative care
Clinicians from all specialties and disciplines can improve their skills and practice while earning continuing education credits and CAPC Designation status
Online self-study curriculum units:
Defining palliative care, which patients need it, how it is delivered, and how palliative care differs from hospice.
Tools and Technical Assistance
Access proven resources for new and established programs
Includes 24 resources:
- Needs Assessment
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Expanding into a New Care Setting
- Program Measurement for Quality Reporting and Quality Improvement
- Integration of Palliative Care Across Service Lines
Includes 47 resources:
- Introduction to Payment
- Ways to Pay for the Palliative Care Program
- Estimating Volume and Capacity
- Estimating Costs and Prices
- Business Planning and Budgeting
- Maximizing Productivity and Operating Efficiently
- Contracting with Financial Partners
Includes 66 resources:
- Hiring and Onboarding
- Sample Job Descriptions
- Day-to-Day Program Operations
- Interdisciplinary Team Roles
- Team Health and Resilience
- Patient Identification and Trigger Tools
- Working With Referrers