Health Plan Membership
CAPC membership is a valuable resource. It provides the tools and technical expertise we need for our health plan to grow, and helps scale access to palliative care services for our members at a faster rate. As an organizational member, I’ve efficiently trained 100% of our case managers in serious illness communication; provided access to quality measurement tools for our quality and clinical teams; and connected program builders with experts across the health system. CAPC membership is critical for improving clinical knowledge about what people with serious illness need.
Health plans use CAPC membership to advance important initiatives, from skills training to operational management.
- Equip case managers with the required communication skills and assessment tools for working with members with serious illness.
- Develop algorithms and processes for proactive identification and engagement of rising-risk members.
- Build benefits, programs, and provider networks for home-based primary and palliative care.
- Manage quality of care and incentives for existing network providers, spanning hospitals, post-acute care, emergency departments, oncology practices, and more.
- Educate pharmacy and clinical staff on safe prescribing and management of opioids.
Annual Fee: Health plan pricing is based on the number of covered lives. Discounts are available for health plans bringing membership to their accountable care organizations and network providers.
For a single price, all health plan staff can access CAPC courses and resources as widely and often as they like, and have personal access to leading national experts through Virtual Office Hours and special multi-payer roundtables. Some health plans choose to bring CAPC training and resources to selected providers in their network, which enhances their capabilities in serving people with serious illness; this is an investment with a strong return.
To learn more or to become a health plan member, please call Member Services at 212-201-2674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.