Pain Management Curriculum
Did you know hydromorphone is five times more potent than morphine?
Clinical training on the safe and effective use of opioids has been largely absent from most medical and nursing education. CAPC's Pain Management curriculum offers 14 online courses to help clinicians learn how to safely and effectively manage pain for seriously ill patients. The courses teach through interactive Q+A case studies of typical pain patients with challenging needs.
All frontline clinicians need to learn key pain management skills. Members can take this Pain Management curriculum to receive CAPC Designation as well as free CME/CNE/CEs. See how the curriculum maps with your state's specific requirements, for example in NY State.
- Course 1: Comprehensive Pain Assessment
- Course 2: Matching the Drug Class to the Pain
- Course 3: Patient Factors that Influence Prescribing Decisions
- Course 4: Assessing Risk for Opioid Substance Use Disorder
- Course 5: Opioid Trials - Determining Design, Efficacy and Safety
- Course 6: Prescribing an Opioid
- Course 7: Prescribing Short-Acting Opioids - Four Case Studies
- Course 8: Monitoring for Opioid Efficacy, Side Effects and Substance Use Disorder
- Course 9: Converting from Short-Acting to Long-Acting Opioids
- Course 10: Prescribing Practice and Opioid Conversions
- Course 11: Advanced Conversions & Opioid Side Effects
- Course 12: Special Populations & Patient-Controlled Analgesia
- Course 13: Managing Pain in Patients at Risk for Substance Use Disorder
- Course 14: Pain Management - Putting it All Together