Building the Business Plan for Community-Based Palliative Care
What You’ll Learn
- Prepare a business plan for your program using the information collected from a needs assessment
- Identify key elements of the budget for your community-based palliative care program
- Describe variables that will impact the budget and business plan for your community-based program
- Identify how partnerships will sustain the program
- Organize compelling examples of value that provide justification for program funding
What You’ll Earn
Only CAPC members who are logged in can earn the following free Continuing Education Credits:
- Case Management: 1.00 CE
- Medicine: 1.00 CME
- Nursing: 1.00 CNE
- Social Work: 1.00 CE (NYSED)
Tools & Resources
Customizable workbook for community-based programs to create an operating budget and key financial stats. Each sheet can also be used individually. Center to Advance Palliative Care, 2021.
Qualitative explanation of how to use the Financial Analysis and Budgeting Tool, with suggestions for improving cost-efficiency.
Defines key terms in payment vocabulary. Center to Advance Palliative Care, 2017.
Introduction to value-based payment and its implications for palliative care. Center to Advance Palliative Care, 2019.
Small-group consulting calls with national subject matter experts.
Lynn Hill Spragens, MBA. President and CEO Spragens & Associates, LLC.
Tom Gualtieri-Reid, MBA. Consultant, Spragens & Associates, LLC.
Elizabeth Man, MD. Fellow, Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.