New at CAPC: May 2021
Here at CAPC, we're constantly creating new products — and updating existing ones — to make sure that you have the best tools and technical assistance to do your job. We're excited to share the below update with you:
A new benefit for CAPC members, CAPC Circles is the place for virtual conversation among palliative care professionals. This online community provides opportunities for palliative care professionals to get advice, network, problem solve, and generate new ideas.
Join a Circle
Health System Strategies Toolkit
A coordinated, system-wide approach ensures that patients and families receive palliative care services when and where they need them. This new toolkit contains guidance on organizing a health system palliative care initiative, including the CAPC tools and resources that can be used to support your palliative care strategy.
Key Takeaways for Care Managers
Specific takeaways for Care Managers for each of the following CAPC clinical training courses:
- Goals of Care
- Reducing Risks for Older Adults
- Comprehensive Pain Assessment
- Supporting the Family Caregiver
- Communicating What to Expect as Dementia Progresses
- Advance Care Planning Conversations
- Basic Advance Care Planning: Introduce and Motivate
- Basic Advance Care Planning: Guide and Document
Population Management Case Studies
The following new case studies have been added to the 'Integrating Palliative Care into Population Management' toolkit:
- Advancing Coordinated Palliative Care during a Pandemic: Hudson Headwaters Health Network
- Mercy Health: Virtual Palliative Care Add-on
- Payer-Led ACP at Dean Health Plan
Questions, Comments, and Links from the National Coalition for Hospice and Palliative Care Advocacy Town Hall
A compilation of relevant policy background and advocacy opportunities to advance palliative care in the Biden Administration and 117th Congress.