The Only Constant is Change: 2023 Updates in Palliative Care and Hospice Billing and Coding
Watch the event
Download your certificate
As palliative care clinicians know, the only constant is change. This axiom is especially true in 2023 as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have updated and streamlined documentation for care delivered in the inpatient, skilled nursing facility (SNF), assisted living, and home locations. There are MANY changes coming, and more than 90% of them will benefit hospice and palliative care clinicians.
In this talk, Dr. Chris Jones and Dr. Phil Rodgers will unpack many areas of the CMS billing and coding revisions. These include:
- Updates to time-based billing thresholds and when to count time in clinical encounters
- Decreased documentation burden in the history and physical exam sections of patient visit notes
- Review of the updated Medical Decision Making table published by the American Medical Association (AMA)
- Which billing codes will be deleted and which ones will remain
- How to use new prolonged services codes
- When other billing codes may better capture the time spent
We encourage palliative care clinicians, leaders, billers, and coders to join this presentation to learn how to save time and ensure you’re being paid for the work your team is doing!
What You’ll Earn
To earn Continuing Education credits for this on-demand event, you must view the video while logged into your capc.org user account. You must attend at least 90% of the event, complete the evaluation, and sign the attestation in order to download your CE certificate.
Only CAPC members who are logged in can earn the following free Continuing Education Credits:
- Nursing: 1.00 CNE
Slide deck for the CAPC webinar on 2023 Palliative Care billing and coding changes.
In this short webinar, Chris Jones, MD, provides a brief overview of the key 2023 changes to the billing and coding regulations that will affect clinicians who take care of patients with serious illness.