Patients and Families
CAPC has a website specifically devoted to comprehensive palliative care information for patients and families – GetPalliativeCare.org. It supports patients and families looking for clear, concise information on palliative care. The site is user-friendly with easy navigation. Among the highlights and benefits are:
- Clear definition of palliative care
- An interactive quiz to help identify whether palliative care is right for you
- A downloadable handout for patients and families based on the most frequently asked questions
- Specific action steps patients and families can take to access palliative care
- Sections on pediatric palliative care, a section for caregivers and information about palliative care and specific diseases
- The Provider Directory of Hospitals – the easiest way to find local providers
Learn more at www.getpalliativecare.org.
Palliative Care: YOU Are a BRIDGE
This video animation compares palliative care to the foundation of a bridge. While illness may weaken the foundation, the palliative care team provides a stronger layer of support.