NYU Winthrop Hospital
Mineola, NY, United States, 11501
Social Workers – Palliative Care
Full & Part Time
Driven to be the Best
Mineola, Long Island, NY. NYU Winthrop Hospital is a world-class MAGNET recognized 591-bed university-affiliated medical center and a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research. Our team of skilled and dedicated professionals is the key to our success. We offer an incredibly positive workplace that truly nurtures, develops & engages our staff, creating an environment for you to be your best! In fact, NYU Winthrop Hospital was recognized this year by Forbes Magazine as being #18 on the list of “America’s Best Employers” in the US, and one of the Best Regional Hospitals in the New York Metro area for 2017-2018 by US News and World Report.
NYU Winthrop Hospital’s growing palliative care program seeks a Palliative Care Social Worker.
Full Time Palliative Social Worker: As a core member of the palliative program, responsibilities include providing psycho-social support and related services to patients/families experiencing life limiting and/or critical illnesses, facilitating patient-family meetings, organizing IDT meetings, as well as participating in undergraduate- and graduate medical education and in clinical and academic program development. This position is situated primarily in the inpatient setting.
• Master's degree in Social Work
• Current and valid NYS Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required; Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or R-License preferred
• ACHP-SW certification or post graduate training in Palliative Social Work preferred. If neither, post-master's education in palliative social work will be required within one year of employment.
• Demonstrated evidence of experience in palliative care setting, such as 3-5 years of inpatient, outpatient, or home-based social work, and/or hospice
• Solid working knowledge of palliative social work practice, relevant medical and/or legal issues that impact patient care, and medical center resources to access and provide for patient care needs
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and interdisciplinary skills
• Basic computer skills including MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
We offer excellent benefits and compensation. Apply online at NYUWinthrop.org/careers Full Time Palliative Social Worker Job req #: 17-21706; An EOE.
To apply send your resume to:
- Apply online: http://www.NYUWinthrop.org/careers