ACNP/PA Palliative Care- Eastern Region
Alexandria, VA, United States
The Palliative Medicine & Comprehensive Care program is seeking an Advance Practice Provider to join our dynamic team!
The interdisciplinary team includes a physician, an APP, a social worker, and a chaplain. Our expert team provides specialty consultation throughout Inova Alexandria Hospital.
We aim to enhance the provision of palliative care by all service providers by incorporating PC specialists into the fabric of other service lines in the form of committee engagement, policy review and creation, and ongoing educational efforts. This integrated model will lead to transformation of care for patients with chronic, progressive, serious illness and end of life care. Palliative care will improve health outcomes by providing effective, efficient care that is patient and family centered.
Strengths of the program Include: Critical support from institutional leadership based upon repeated demonstration of quality and financial outcomes, highly motivated and high functioning collaborative IDT, respect and rapport of palliative care across the hospital community, routine collection of operational data, a leader who desires to foster growth and meet the unique professional development needs of each team member.
• Provide recommendations about symptom management and facilitate goals of care conversations for seriously ill patients in acute care settings as requested by referring physicians.
• Participate in daily team rounds and group educational and professional development programming.
• Coordinate patient and family centered care to ensure quality, safety, appropriate length of stay, and cost-effective care.
• Communicate with care teams to facilitate high quality and compassionate care.
• Thoroughly document visits with adherence to billing practices.
• Conduct formal and informal education about palliative care.
• Master's Degree and certificate of completion from a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program
• National Board Certification required; for Nurse Practitioners in ACACNP or FNP specialty, and for Physician Assistants by NCCPA
· Current and valid Virginia licenses.
• Valid, or ability to obtain, DEA
• 2 years of experience with at least 1 year of experience in hospice, oncology, palliative care, and/or ICU preferred. New Graduates will be considered.
• Certification or willingness to certify in hospice and palliative care preferred
Attn: Julie Williamson
Phone: (743) 999-0503