Palliative Care Opportunity in Columbia, SC.
Columbia, SC, United States
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Palliative Care Opportunity
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a BC/BE Palliative Care Physician to join our rapidly growing Division of Palliative Medicine. Ideal candidates will demonstrate exemplary clinical skills and embrace a compassionate, interdisciplinary team approach to care. This position offers the opportunity to work in an innovative inpatient Palliative Care Consultative Service and build outpatient Palliative Care. Academic appointment is available through the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville campus.
• Academic institution with access to all specialties.
• We have an established Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship program that welcomes 3 new fellows every year that provides excellent learning chances.
• Our interdisciplinary team consists of attending physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, licensed counselors, nurses and board-certified chaplains.
• Left ventricular assistive device (LVAD) Program in-house.
• Pediatric hospital on the same campus.
• Referral center for Trauma, Stroke and Oncology.
• Opportunity for physician interested in providing in hospital patient care in an excellent and innovative Health care institution. (Clinical and Academic opportunity).
• Celebrating more than 125 years of service to Columbia, Prisma Health Richland Hospital today is a 641-bed regional community teaching medical center.
• Competitive salary
• Paid Relocation and Malpractice with tail coverage
• Professional allowance
• Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
• Flexibility to match your needs.
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Columbia is the state capital with a diverse population and a large selection of cultural amenities due to the University of SC 30,000 students. In addition to having an affordable cost of living, it is very family friendly with good schools, a revitalized downtown, nationally ranked zoo, and children`s museums. Outdoor activities are a premium due to its rivers, 650 miles of Lake Murray shoreline and state and national parks within 30-minute drives.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Mason, Physician Recruiter, Lexy.Mason@prismahealth.org.