Medical Social Worker - Palliative Care
Bellingham, WA, United States
Salary Range (Annual Salary)
$64,854 - $97,281
$5000 Sign On Bonus and a possible Relocation Assistance!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Social Worker for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $31.18, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
- Providing direct casework services to clients related to their medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial assessment, assisting with long-term planning and decision making, crisis intervention and short-term therapy.
- Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired outcomes.
- Providing skilled social work services to patients and education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated, coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work
- License as required by state to practice as a Social Worker
- Minimum requirement is LASW (Licensed Advanced Social Worker), LSWAA (Licenses Social Worker Associate Advanced), LCWAIC (Licensed Social Worker Associate Independent Clinical) within 6 month of hire.
- A valid applicable state driver’s license and auto insurance.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Moussa Sangare at email@example.com
PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Attn: Moussa Sangare