Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
Wilmington, NC, United States
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare is seeking a full-time physician to join our well-established hospice team. We are a non-profit established in 1980 and our mission is to provide access to the highest quality LifeCare, education, and supportive services to our patients, their families, and the communities we serve. We provide hospice and palliative care in Wilmington, NC, and the surrounding counties. We proudly serve patients and families in private homes, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, and our three care centers.
About the Opportunity:
• Will act in the capacity of team physician overseeing the medical components of care to hospice patients in all settings and acting as attending physician for patients
• Make medically necessary visits and face-to-face recertification visits when needed
• Participate in after-hours call coverage and vacation coverage for other physicians
• Support and coordinate care with the Interdisciplinary Group including participation in care
• Performs other necessary administrative functions, including recertifications and completion of medical forms and death certificates
• Acts as resource to the medical community and community at large regarding end-of-life issue and provides education regarding pain and symptom management
• Current license or eligibility for licensure in NC
• Either fellowship in hospice and palliative medicine or a minimum of 2 years of post-residency medical experience required
• Hospice, palliative care, primary care, hospitalist, or geriatric experience preferred.
• Board certification or board-eligible with expectation to be certified within 5 years of employment required
• Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability insurance
• 403B retirement plan
• Flexible spending/health savings accounts
• Paid time off
• CME allowance and days
• Malpractice coverage
Wilmington’s coastal weather makes it a great place to enjoy outdoor activities such as golfing, fishing, boating/kayaking, surfing, and biking. Visit one of the area beaches or explore the historic downtown along the river. Enjoy one of Wilmington’s wonderful restaurants, a concert or show, or one of the many local festivals. A short drive will take you to NC’s beautiful Great Smoky Mountains for a weekend getaway. Live and practice medicine where others vacation!