Palliative Care Social Worker (Full-time | Day shift)
Regional One Health
Memphis, TN, United States
The Social Worker LCSW-Palliative Care:
• Provides medical social work services as ordered/referred by the palliative care physician(s) or APN(s) to identified patients in the hospital as part of an interdisciplinary team.
• Uses professional judgment for initial and ongoing assessment, planning, and evaluation of psychosocial, economic, and environmental needs of patients and families.
• Serves as a liaison between medical staff and the patient/family to provide interventions designed to minimize patient stress and maximize coping skills to expedite care.
• Collaborates with all team members to maximize discharge planning and patient progression.
• Participates in clinical training, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts a psychosocial assessment and direct social work services for identified Palliative Care patients and families.
• Consistently interprets social, emotional, and family issues to attending physicians and other team members.
• Provides assistance with all aspects of social and practical environmental problems
• Assesses, plans, evaluates, and coordinates management of patient care including discharge planning and utilization needs.
• Works with Palliative Care team to identify discharge needs, coordinates planning, and problem solves continuity issues to ensure seamless continuum of patient care
• Develops appropriate care plans and establishes short and long-term goals for patient and families.
• Maintains a professional and positive relationship with medical staff, patients and families, and external resources.
• Provides competent patient assessment by obtaining and interpreting data, making appropriate decisions based upon knowledge and experience, and if applicable, adapting plans accordingly. Utilizes critical thinking in all interactions in order to identify variances/problems and apply sound decision-making skills.
• Participates in Interdisciplinary Team care planning activities and in in-service and staff development activities, as needed.
• Education Requirement:
Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university required.
Qualified by education, training or experience to work with the adolescent, adult and/or geriatric patient population as specialty assignment dictates.
• Experience Requirement:
One (1) year of social work experience preferred.
• Licensure/Certification Requirement:
Current certification as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in the State of Tennessee required.
• Possess current knowledge of accrediting requirements and standards related to the practice of social work and to palliative care.
• Ability to counsel patient and families in both social service areas and psychosocial areas.
• Ability to organize and establish priorities.
• Ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of personnel, medical staff, and patient/families/external resources.
• Possess excellent clinical assessment and analytical skills.
• EMR experience preferred. May have access to personal health information (PHI) within an electronic medical record necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Must stay in compliance with HIPAA regulations when accessing PHI
• Ability to lift/push/pull < 20 lbs. May require sitting, standing, or walking for prolonged periods.