Palliative care Physician Inpatient and Outpatient
San Diego, CA, United States
Inpatient and Outpatient Palliative Medicine Physician
San Diego, California
Scripps Health has an immediate need for an experienced individual to fill a full-time position as Palliative Medicine Physician.
Palliative care within Scripps currently spans five hospital-based consultation services and three outpatient clinics, with the intent to expand broadly in coming years. Once hired, the Palliative Medicine Physician will have the opportunity to integrate into our collaborative interdisciplinary teams across our existing inpatient/outpatient sites, with subsequent expansion into emergency department, virtual, and community-based programs. This is a unique opportunity to join an evolving palliative team of 29 providers and 45 members that has grown rapidly with minimal turnover.
Founded in 1924 by philanthropist Ellen Browning Scripps, Scripps Health is a $3.2 billion not-for-profit integrated health system based in San Diego, California. Scripps treats more than 700,000 patients annually through the dedication of 3,000 affiliated physicians and more than 15,000 employees among its five acute-care hospital campuses, home health care services, and an ambulatory care network of physician offices and 30 outpatient centers and clinics.
Job duties and benefits include:
• Both inpatient and outpatient clinical responsibilities
• Engagement in system-wide practice improvement initiatives
• Competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Fellowship-trained and Board-Certified/Board-Eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Broad experience with services in the palliative continuum (e.g. inpatient, outpatient, facility-based, home-based, and hospice care)
- Eligible for California Licensure/DEA
Immediate and ongoing staffing needed. Please email CV and brief cover letter with interest to:
Lakshman.Vishva@scrippshealth.org and Wang.David@scrippshealth.org