Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY, United States
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Chaplains work in the Department of Spiritual Care to meet the spiritual and religious needs of patients, families and staff.
Duties of a Chaplain may include the following but are not limited to:
• Patient visitations with specific attention to staff referrals and family concerns.
• Interdisciplinary approach to staff members.
• Maintain awareness of hospital systems; facilitate an awareness of Chaplaincy to others.
• Leader of prayer; develop/plan seasonal, interfaith or memorial services.
• Provide liturgical support for religious services.
• Night/Weekend/Holiday coverage may be required.
• Masters of Divinity from an ATS accredited program
• 4 units of CPE through ACPE
• 1-3 years' experience as a chaplain post completion of CPE
• Candidates must possess ecclesiastical endorsement from the official endorsing agency of the Chaplains faith or denomination at the time of appointment and maintain such endorsement for the duration of their employment.
• Board certified or board certified within 2 years of hire through a recognized cognate group: APC, NAJC, NACC or CASC
• Palliative Care Team experience
• Specialized training in Palliative Care/Ethics/Hospice.
• Specialized training in end-of-life care
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all covered personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.” Upon acceptance of a conditional job offer, candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date). If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
• Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
• All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
• This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
• This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
• Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
• Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
• Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
• Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer. *The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws. If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at . In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed https://www.stonybrook.edu/police/
Visit our https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/jobs/working-here page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2104519
Official Job Title: Chaplain
Job Field: Other
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Spiritual Care
Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 7.5 Pass Days: Sat, Sun, Variable
Posting Start Date: Nov 18, 2021
Posting End Date: Dec 2, 2021, 8:59:00 PM
Salary: As per civil service guidelines
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2650286
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Apply online: https://apptrkr.com/2650286