Houston, TX, United States
Salary Range (Annual Salary)
$110,000 - $125,000
Clinical Services positions in Prospero are part of a community-based interdisciplinary care team of home-based medical care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers. What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
In this role, you will be part of a physician-led interdisciplinary care team to provide primary, palliative care and urgent care to patients in their homes. . This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Practitioner as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, and their families.
• Provide high quality home – based primary and palliative care for patients in their homes through telephonic, telemedicine and in-person patient consultations, traveling to patients’ homes to manage their advanced illness
• Lead advance care planning discussions and prognosis with patients
• Partner with physicians and an interdisciplinary team to formulate and update comprehensive care plans that consider the patient’s complex interactions between acute and chronic medical conditions, social, and environmental factors
• Create comprehensive documentation with a focus on clinically relevant information requiring action to improve your patient’s overall health and well-being
• Together with your team, proactively address your patient’s medical and social needs, directly and in collaboration with other primary providers
• Communicate with your patient’s external care team members, at times leading suggestions and changes in the care plan when appropriate to addressing an urgent need
• Co-lead medical discussions at interdisciplinary team meetings in full collaboration with other colleagues from our medical operations team, including nurse care managers, physicians, and subject matter experts
• Perform minor procedures on an as needed basis such as phlebotomy, urinary catheter placement, wound management
• Engage with local community resources to fully support your patients
• Educate patients on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
• Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
• Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, accountability, and service in your interactions with colleagues
• Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain or Physician’s Assistant license in the state of assignment
• Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
• Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required
• A clinical background in geriatrics, hospice and palliative medicine or behavioral health preferred (e.g.,past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings)
• Highly motivated, flexible, and adaptable to working in a dynamic environment
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate and build positive relationships with stakeholders
• Clear, concise, and persuasive verbal and written communication. Must be able to positively interact with other clinicians, senior management, patients and their families, and all levels of medical and non-medical professionals
• Ability to work and provide high quality patient care in a virtual/telehealth environment
• Computer literate; willing and able to learn new software tools
• Highest level of ethics and integrity
• Familiarity with market community/geography
• Ability to travel between patient’s homes in assigned territory, daily. Limited overnight stays.
Careers with Prospero. Here's the idea, make the health system work better for everyone. Prospero brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Prospero, incredible passion to serve together with the best tools and resources to help our patients live their best life now.
We are a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.