Lead Physician for Hospice and Palliative Care/Hospice Medical Director Eastern Region
Urbana, IL, United States
What are you looking for?
Great base salary? Work/life balance? Proximity to a big city? We have the total package...
• The Lead Physician will be a “working” physician in hospice and palliative medicine primarily supporting the inpatient palliative care team at Heart of Mary Medical Center in Urbana and Sacred Heart Medical Center in Danville, with availability to St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Bloomington.
• In addition to direct patient care duties/responsibilities, this role will work directly with the Home Care and Post-Acute VP of Clinical Services and VP of Clinical Operations to ensure work is coordinated and executed within the Eastern Region.
• Each team (lead by a physician or APN) sees an average of 6-8 patients per day.
• This physician will be instrumental in helping with transitions of care from inpatient palliative care; outpatient palliative care; and to hospice.
• Requirements: Hospice and Palliative Medicine Certification or eligibility, with a requirement to certify within the first two years of employment for HMDC (Hospice Medical Director Certification).
• Competitive base salary plus incentives.
• 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
• 480 hours sick time/year
• Signing bonus
• Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
• Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
• OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center is a 206-bed comprehensive health care facility serving the residents of Urbana, Illinois, and surrounding areas.
• Though Urbana, population 41,000, is considered a small town, the combined population of the Urbana-Champaign population is just shy of 150,000. The community provides the amenities a metropolitan city would offer, including outstanding restaurants (named best food town in the Midwest!), a variety of recreational activities and unique shopping experiences.
• Urbana-Champaign is within three hours of Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
• Home of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, ranked the 14th best public university in the nation and 32nd globally, includes a medical school with teaching opportunities.
• According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Urbana has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Illinois with the University of Illinois being the largest employer in the area.
- E-mail: Ammie.Werremeyer@osfhealthcare.org
- Phone: (217) 337-4563
- Apply online: http://osfhealthcare.org
- Attn: Ammie Werremeyer