Wellstar Palliative Medicine Physician - "Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work"
Wellstar Health System
Douglasville, GA, United States
At Wellstar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Wellstar Medical Group is seeking a full-time board certified/board eligible Palliative Medicine Physician. This Physician will join a well-established inpatient program at Wellstar Douglas Hospital, located approximately 30 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta, GA.
Physicians work Monday-Friday.
To learn more about Wellstar and our Hospice and Palliative programs, please visit www.wellstarcareers.org.
We proudly offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Occurrence-based malpractice coverage
Short-term and long-term disability insurance
Extended illness bank
Paid time off for vacation and holidays (excludes shift-based positions)
Wellstar Palliative Medicine
We are seeking intelligent, passionate providers, who will share our values to serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice.
• Wellstar Palliative Medicine is proud to be the most comprehensive palliative medicine program in Georgia.
• We currently have 16 physicians, 8 APPs, 4 social workers, 4 fellows and one chaplain as part of our multidisciplinary team.
• Wellstar Health System and it’s more than 24,000 team members provide access to compassionate, high-quality care through 11 hospitals; 300+ medical office locations; 9 cancer centers; 74 rehabilitation centers; 3 hospice facilities; 1 retirement village; 29 imaging centers; 17 urgent care locations; and 5 health parks.
• Our greatest strength is our highly trained team of compassionate, board-certified physicians, APPs and social workers who expertly address our patients’ global needs and provide high-quality care.
• We emphasize mentorship of new providers, early career support and professional development, as well as provider wellness.
Variety of Practice Settings
• We have inpatient consult teams at 5 hospitals in our system, offering academic, urban and suburban practice settings.
• An expanding outpatient presence with our comprehensive care clinics, including the addition of a second palliative medicine clinic in LaGrange, GA, expected summer 2021.
• A dedicated nursing home palliative medicine team.
• An expanding home-based palliative care program led by 4 experienced APPs that covers 28 zip codes in northwest metro Atlanta.
• Opportunities for teaching and system-wide advancement of the mission of Palliative Medicine.
• Our GME program at Kennestone hospital includes a Palliative Medicine fellowship program that accepts 4 fellows a year, with residents from other GME programs rotating throughout the year.
• Support for continued education of Palliative Medicine providers.
Valued Members of the Healthcare System
• Palliative Medicine is valued at the highest levels across the system with support for program expansion and investment in Palliative Medicine services.
• The benefits of early Palliative Medicine involvement are well demonstrated by various QI initiatives in close collaboration with our ICU, heart failure, LVAD team, oncology, hospital medicine and emergency medicine colleagues.
Care Across the Continuum
• We know that each patient is unique, and our program offers expert comprehensive care and support at any stage of the healthcare journey.
• Outpatient clinic and inpatient consultation services can help patients make the transition to home-based palliative care and hospice, when indicated.
• Our nationally recognized end-of-life care with Wellstar Hospice is equipped to provide our three inpatient hospice units, under three board-certified hospice medical directors.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (470) 956-4538
- Apply online: https://provider-wellstar.icims.com/jobs/47890/physician---palliative-medicine---douglasville%2c-ga/job?mode=view
- Attn: Lauren Gobble