Chief Medical Officer
Nathan Adelson Hospice
Las Vegas, NV, United States
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Medical Officer is responsible for the overall effectiveness, leadership, strategic direction, structure and management of the medical components of hospice and palliative care at Nathan Adelson Hospice (NAH). Provides medical direction and support to the members of the hospice interdisciplinary team to assure that patients and families receive the highest quality end of life care. Provides education to community physicians and others engaged in the care of terminally ill patients on the principles of palliative medicine and on the health care services provided by the hospice program.
Education and Experience:
• MD or DO degree.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership role.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience caring for patients at the end-of-life demonstrating experience in the principles of pain and symptom management
Required Licensure and Certification:
• Unlimited license to practice medicine in the State of Nevada.
• Nevada State Board of Pharmacy certification.
• DEA certification.
• Primary Board Certification and Secondary Certification in or a Certificate of Added Qualification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine by one of the 9 American Board of Medical Specialty (ABMS) Boards or by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) that offer certification in that primary field as well as Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (702) 306-2910
- Apply online: http://www.nah.org
- Attn: Margaret Bagnell