Medical Director, Pediatric Palliative Care
Atrium Health Levine Children's
Charlotte, NC, United States
The Pediatric Advanced Care Team at Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is seeking a Medical Director to strengthen and expand the Division of Pediatric Palliative Care. Opportunities for growth include developing a stronger outpatient presence, assisting in the development of a pain team, enhancing bereavement support, promoting quality improvement endeavors, and providing 24/7 coverage. Board certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine is required.
• The well-established team includes a physician, nurse practitioner, nurse coordinator, and social worker.
• Current focus of the team is inpatient consults and follow-ups with some outpatient clinic work for pre-transplant evaluations and prenatal consults, and occasional pain management for heme-onc patients.
• Well integrated throughout the hospital, including strong relationships with the PICU, CVICU, NICU, BMT, and heart transplant teams.
• Interdisciplinary collaboration with pastoral care, clinical child life services, and music therapy.
• Excellent working relationship with three hospice organizations, two of which also provide home palliative care.
• Participation in resident education.
• Additional opportunities could also include Performance Improvement, Community Engagement, and philanthropy, in collaboration with interprofessional team.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH)is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping families stay close to home. Serving high patient acuity as the flagship children’s hospital within the innovative Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) LCH has 236 beds and offers more than 150 specialists across more than 30 pediatric specialties.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement. Additionally, Atrium Health and Wake Forest Baptist Health, including Wake Forest School of Medicine, officially joined together as a single enterprise, Atrium Health. Wake Forest Baptist Health and Wake Forest School of Medicine will become the academic core of Atrium Health, building a second campus of the school of medicine in Charlotte, which is currently the largest city in the U.S. without a 4-year medical school. The growth of the school of medicine will expand existing academic research capabilities in a way that expands opportunities for clinical trials across a large, diverse market with some of the nation’s leading medical experts.
LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U. S. News & World Report, most recently in eight pediatric specialties for 2020-2021 including Neonatology, Pulmonology, Cancer, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery and Orthopedics. Carolinas Medical Center along with LCH has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet program recognizes health-care organizations for their focus on improving patient care, safety and satisfaction. It also helps foster a collaborative culture for nurses, while working to advance standards and practices of care.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (704) 631-1120
- Apply online: https://careers.atriumhealth.org/
- Attn: Sarah Foster