Palliative Care Program Director
Hartford, CT, United States
Palliative Care Program Director – Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Palliative Care Medicine team at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated health care system in CT offer physicians MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice alongside nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
HHC is seeking a Palliative Care Program Director to join a highly skilled and collegial team to provide operational and clinical leadership for all palliative care services in its Central Region, including the Hospital of Central Connecticut and MidState Medical Center. The successful candidate is a doctor of medicine with fellowship training in palliative care or at least 3 years of clinical experience in palliative care. In this role, the Director identifies opportunities to improve and expand the program with a focus on improving the patient and family experience.
Practice Palliative Care Medicine with an Exceptional Team
• Oversee the work of the palliative care clinical team members at the Hospital of Central CT (HOCC) and MidState Medical Center.
• Participate and provide clinical leadership in the development and review of appropriate clinical protocols and programs.
• Lead weekly Interdisciplinary Team meetings reviewing the care of patients on service.
• Oversee and mentor the Palliative Care APRNs for the Central Region.
• Oversee the Palliative Care Social Work lead Bereavement Program.
• Coordinate annual strategic planning for the palliative care program, including the annual Board of Trustees meeting for the Wolfson Palliative Care program.
• Develop and oversee metrics and Quality initiatives to demonstrate program impact.
• Provide leadership in the identification of Palliative Care education needs for hospital staff and development of effective educational strategies.
• Work with hospital leadership to enhance the palliative care program’s community outreach to physicians, the public, healthcare facilities, and other applicable organizations in the com
Located within two hours of Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE LIFE IN YOUR LIFE call, text or email Pam Lasser, Physician Recruiter, at Pamela.email@example.com, OR call/text Pam at 860-306-8009.