Advanced Practice Provider (APP): Nurse Practitioner (NP)/Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Boston Medical Center
Boston, MA, United States
Under the Division of General Internal Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and the Palliative Medicine Unit, the Advanced Practice Provider will have clinical and non-clinical responsibilities associated with consultation and follow-up for patients in both inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic. The successful candidate will have outstanding clinical skills and the ability to join the Palliative Medicine Unit. He/she will work as an integrated team member, fully responsible for his/her own clinic sessions and for supporting and/or covering those of other outpatient providers as necessary. Training and demonstrated expertise in the care of patients with progressive life-limiting illness. The Palliative Medicine Unit team is comprised of: MD’s, APP (NP’s, PA-C), Social Worker, Chaplain, and Program Manager. Academic rank will be based on qualifications and experience.
Position Reports To: Director of Palliative Care
Primary responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Provide consultation services in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
• Responsible for 4 clinic sessions per week, including all associated direct and in-direct patient care and administration.
• Address complex pain and symptom management issues for patients experiencing chronic and/or a progressive life-limiting illness. This also includes facilitation of advance care planning.
• Interested in educating medical students, residents, and nurses about palliative care principles across the institution.
• Invested in working with the underserved population; passionate about Boston Medical Center’s mission.
Hours and Schedule: 40 hours per week; Four (4) ten hour shifts; Monday through Friday
Location: Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA
• Completed Bachelor's or Master’s Degree from accredited institution for Physician Assistant or completed Master’s degree from an accredited school of nursing for Nurse Practitioner.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in Massachusetts as Nurse Practitioner or National certification and current licensure in Massachusetts as a Physician's Assistant
• Minimum of 3-5 years palliative care nursing experience.
• Experience caring for patients with complex, chronic and/or life-threatening conditions, and those at the end of life strongly preferred.
• Hospice and Palliative Care Board Certification or eligibility strongly preferred.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV/ via email to: Karin S. Laping at Karin.email@example.com.
- E-mail: Karin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attn: Karin Laping