Barrington, IL, United States
Help us change the face of serious illness by joining our team as a Pediatric Physician.
Join the team at JourneyCare, with more than 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for adults and children with serious illnesses. We are more than just a career choice – it’s a culture where you can make a difference!
The Pediatric Physician, under the direct supervision of the Medical Director, is responsible for creating and maintaining the medical component of the Agency’s patient care program. This role serves as the Pediatric Physician representative of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and/or the attending physician for hospice and palliative care patients. The Pediatric Physician is responsible for certifying (in conjunction with the attending physician, if applicable) that patients are terminally ill and re-certifying eligibility for hospice or palliative care for subsequent election periods.
• Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Degree
• Licensed Physician and Surgeon in the state of Illinois
• Licensed Physician Controlled Substance with current DEA license number
• Hospice and Palliative Medicine Board Certification
• Pediatric Hospice and Palliative Care Board Certification Preferred
• Current, or eligible, Medicare/ Medicaid provider number
• Current, or eligible, credentials at local hospital(s)
• Knowledge of health care regulations, policies and procedures
• Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality which includes, but in not limited to, information about patients/families, volunteers, employees, donors and agency processes
• Knowledge of electronic medical records
• Eligibility to bill insurance for palliative care and symptom management visits
• Ability to promote pediatric program
To apply for this position, read about our comprehensive benefits and learn about what it’s like to work at JourneyCare. Our team members make a difference!
- Apply online: https://journeycare.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=512219.viewjobdetail&CID=512219&JID=718963&BUID=6226