Social Worker- Palliative Medicine
Westchester Medical Center
Valhalla, NY, United States
Social Worker – Palliative Medicine
• The Social Worker participates in the interdisciplinary palliative care services team and provision of direct patient care and appropriate related services to the patient and family.
• Facilitation of formal and informal meetings regarding patient and family communication and decision making.
• Participation in the development and review of appropriate protocols and process that support appropriate referral and consistent care
• Provides critical psycho-social intervention to patients/families through palliative care services consult team.
• Ensures that psycho-social assessment has been completed on all palliative care patients.
• Assist the team and/or directly facilitates patient-family meetings. Assist team, physicians, staff, and patient and family in the clarification of the goals of care and the plan of care.
• Facilitates care coordination and resource utilization with community hospice/palliative care, home care agencies, skilled nursing facilities, and other community services
• Review Advanced Directives in paper chart and identify HCP/Surrogate decision makers; assist patients with completion of Health Care proxy and Primary team complete MOLST form;
• Participate in educational programs of medical students, residents, and allied health professionals within and outside of hospital
• Coordinates social service-palliative care interface
• Facilitates weekly Interdisciplinary Team Meeting, monthly Team Wellness initiative,
• Development and coordination of bereavement program for families of patients who have been seen by Palliative Care Section.
• Participation in ongoing research and quality improvement projects on an as-needed basis.
• Participation in the patient satisfaction initiative
• Education: Master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited social work program required.
• Experience: 3 years’ experience in palliative care setting post master’s required.
• Certified Advanced Palliative & Hospice Social Worker (APHSW -C) or Eligible within 1 year
• License/Certification: Licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the New York State
Preferred: Fellowship Trained Palliative Medicine Social Worker
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services, and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
For more information about this opportunity, contact Yesenia Rosario, Recruiter for WMCHealth at (914) 493-2004 or by email at yesenia.rosario@WMCHealth.org.
Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (914) 493-2004
- Apply online: https://www.google.com/search?q=westchester+county+medical+center+human+resources&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS848US848&oq=westchester+medical+center+hum&aqs=chrome.4.0j69i57j0l4.15238j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
- Attn: Yesenia Rosario