Palliative Care Physician or NP position in Oregon
Samaritan Health Services
Albany, OR, United States
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for a Palliative Care Physician or NP
Samaritan Health Services a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a full time Palliative Care Physician or NP to join our team in Albany OR. Samaritan Albany General Hospital is a 79-bed acute care facility located in historic downtown Albany, Oregon. Rich in history, the current hospital is built in the same location as first Albany hospital and is a level III trauma center providing medical services to the greater Albany, Oregon area.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
• Outpatient palliative care position
• Varies by drive time to “homes”: responsible for new consults and follow up visits as needed for a panel of 50-60 nearly home bound heart failure patients palliative care and symptom needs.
• Leading a team of SW, RN, Chaplain in palliative care needs.
• Run weekly IDT meetings with physician support
• Coordinate care with specialists, PCP’s and care facility staff (ICF, AFH, etc).
• Facilitating advance care planning; accessing for and addressing a wide range of palliative care needs, stablish rescue plans for patients to avoid unwanted ED visits and improve quality of life; identify and facilitate transitions to hospice
• Ability to expand into other diagnoses when staffing supports expansion
• Assist with management of acute and chronic health conditions.
• Order, perform and interpret laboratory and radiology tests within scope of professional practice.
• Consult with the palliative care physician or designee as needed, inform the primary care physician of services provided, and collaborate with other physicians as needed.
• Assist with all facets of care coordination for palliative care referrals.
• Provide training and continuing education for staff.
• Assist in the development of clinical practice guidelines/standards in support of palliative care
• Education: Board Certified/Board Eligible
• Experience: Previous clinical experience of one or more years in internal medicine or acute care is preferred.
• Licensure/Certification: Current Oregon license and current nationally recognized certification by the ANCC or AANP. DEA/CSR
• Other: CPR required
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME days plus allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.
To apply, visit samhealth.org/DocJobs or to find out more call Annette Clovis (541) 768-4419
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (541) 768-4419
- Apply online: http://www.samhealth.org/docjobs
- Attn: Annette Clovis