Palliative Care NP/PA
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Falls Church, VA, United States
Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking an organized, compassionate, and skilled Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join our dynamic group in a full-time role. The APP will join our Palliative Medicine Team and work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide inpatient palliative care consultations. Our growing team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, clinical therapists, and a chaplain. APPs will work 8:30-5pm with on-call phone coverage and weekend rounding on average every 7 – 8 weeks.
Inova is a not-for-profit health system, our commitment is to meet the healthcare needs and improve the health of the communities we serve. We work in innovative ways to meet the healthcare challenges of today, while striving to meet the needs of the future. Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova Health System has also been recognized as one of the Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America®.
• Facilitate goals of care conversations for seriously ill patients in acute care settings as requested by referring physicians.
• Make recommendations to consulting teams to guide management of pain and other distressing symptoms.
• Participate in daily interdisciplinary team rounds.
• Coordinate patient and family centered care to ensure quality, safety, appropriate length of stay, and cost-effective care.
• Communicate with care teams to facilitate high quality and compassionate care.
• Thoroughly document visits with adherence to billing practices.
• Conduct formal and informal education about palliative care.
• Serve as link integrating relevant research and best practices.
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Master’s degree from an accredited program. Current certification as a Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) through their national certification bodies. Licensure as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) in Virginia.
• 2 years of experience with at least 1 year of experience in hospice, oncology, palliative care, and/or ICU preferred. New Graduates will be considered.
• Commitment to palliative care philosophy and familiarity with regulatory requirements related to Medicare Part B
• Outstanding communication skills with staff, the medical community, and patients and families
• Comfort working with socio-culturally diverse patients/families
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, multi-task and manage time well
• Comfortable documenting in an electronic medical record (EMR)
• A professional and caring demeanor
• Certification or willingness to certify in hospice and palliative care preferred
- E-mail: Michelle.Lucas@inova.org
- Attn: Michelle Lucas