Medical Director - Palliative Care
Scottsdale, AZ, United States
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses five acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians, and 3,100 volunteers.
HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
Please send resume directly to Thomas Licari: thlicari@HonorHealth.com
M.D. or D.O Board Certified Physician with a special interest in Palliative Care Required
3 years of direct clinical or acute care experience Required
The position of Medical Director ("Director") for the Palliative Care programs (the "Programs") at HonorHealth Hospital has been created to provide on-site management and leadership of the Program. A Palliative Care physician will direct the Palliative program and will report to the Executive Sponsor of the Palliative Care and locally to the Chief Medical Officer.
The Medical Director is responsible for directly providing comprehensive palliative care consultations. Secondarily provides leadership of medical programs and services to the organization in support of goals and mission.
The HonorHealth physician will divide his/her time between administrative and clinical services as required. The Palliative Care physician is expected to devote 20% time to administrative services and the remaining 80% performing consultative services for Palliative Care patients.
Consultative services for patients are requested by attending physicians in the hospital setting for Palliative Care services including but not limited to symptom management, advance care planning, comfort care management facilitation, hospice transition, and discussions, goals of care, coded status and family discussion of these issues.
Assist with development and implementation of 7 days per week palliative care services for hospitalized patients at HonorHealth, with a methodology to be determined based on the needs of the hospital and the staffing ability of the palliative care program.
Coordination of the transition of palliative care service on consulted patients from the hospital setting into the post-acute and outpatient environment.
Develop and enhance the Palliative Care program participating in strategic planning related to direction, growth, and development, under the direction of network Palliative Care.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (847) 609-9065
- Apply online: https://bit.ly/MDPalliativeCare
- Attn: Thomas Licari