May 20, 2020
Mercy Medical Group (Dignity Health)
Sacramento, CA, United States
Opportunity in Sacramento, California
Mercy Medical Group (MMG), a multi-specialty group with more than 450 healthcare providers in the Sacramento region, is looking to add a fellowship-trained geriatrician to its rapidly expanding Geriatrics Division.
We are seeking a BE/BC fellowship-trained Geriatrician (IM or FP) to join our great team of four geriatricians and eight geriatric advanced practice clinicians to:
• Provide outpatient geriatric consultations in an interdisciplinary team setting and work in a collaborative way to care for patients with complex needs.
• Help supervise and support, through telemedicine links, our growing house call program.
• Attend geriatric patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities along with our geriatric advanced practice clinicians to help ensure appropriate care and to minimize the need for unnecessary hospitalizations.
• Work in a collaborative team, including case managers, social workers, pharmacists, and the geriatric advanced practice clinician to ensure the patients’ needs are met
The Geriatrics Division is dedicated to care-coordination care throughout the continuum-of-care with this team-based approach. There is an opportunity to work with trainees at UC Davis and UCSF and potential for faculty appointment. The division is involved in several novel research projects, including innovative devices in chronic disease management, geriatric telemedicine, and long-term care research working with AMDA Foundation. Opportunities for leadership, medical directorship, and quality improvement projects are available depending on individual interest. Telephone call coverage would be ~1:12. This opportunity offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including bonus potential and a very desirable retirement plan.
Mercy Medical Group
Mercy Medical Group (MMG) is a dynamic, growing organization with a long-standing history of providing exceptional medical care in the Sacramento area. Our large multi-specialty medical group of providers is comprised of primary care physicians, specialists in more than 30 medical and surgical specialties, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. These professionals provide seamless primary and specialty care, working together to meet the unique needs of each individual patient. The group is affiliated with Dignity Health, one of the leading healthcare systems in the country.
Nestled in beautiful Northern California, Sacramento is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation and one of the most affordable places to live in state. The area offers a wide variety of activities to enjoy, including fine dining, shopping, biking, boating, river rafting, skiing, or attending one of many different cultural events. Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, the vineyards of Napa Valley, and the historical Gold Rush towns of the foothills are all within easy driving distance.
Join us and be a part of our amazing journey!
To apply, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may contact:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (888) 599-7787
- Apply online: https://dignityphysiciancareers.org/
- Attn: Physician Recruitment