May 15, 2020
Columbus Hospice Inc.
Columbus, GA, United States
This position is responsible for the medical direction of the care and treatment to hospice patients as rendered by the hospice care team by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Consult with the patient's attending physician if there is an attending physician.
Provide guidance to staff and others to assure the quality care for patients and families.
Serve as a liaison between the hospice program, community physicians and others engaged in health care services to provide education, support, and awareness of hospice and palliative care services.
Provide direct medical care as needed to patients in their homes, nursing homes, or other facilities. Assist in developing the Plan of Care for each patient/family with the coordination of the patient's physician, if any.
Attend and actively participate in patient/family care conferences.
Review the medical, hospice, and/or palliative care of patients.
Maintain a regular schedule of participation in all medical components of the hospice care program.
Will be scheduled to maintain 24 hour, 7 day a week coverage for the hospice program as assigned by the Medical Director and/or CEO.
Act as consultant to patients' physicians and other members of the hospice care team, helps with review of patient care policies and procedures; serve on the hospice interdisciplinary team; attend and participate in team meetings of his/her teams; report to the Team Manager regarding medical care delivered to the hospice patients; is available to the nurses as needed.
Assure, through participation with the Quality and Performance Improvement Activities that interdisciplinary care plans are medically appropriate and that the care rendered in fulfillment of such plans meets the medical standards of the community and of Columbus Hospice.
Conduct educational seminars, in-services, and presentations to physicians, nurses and other health care audiences.
Provide home visits and care when necessary and as requested, as part of the plan of care. Make home visits for the following issues, among others:
a: Uncontrolled pain and symptoms
b: General medical needs, face-to-face encounters, and upon request
c: Continuous Care patients on a daily or as needed basis
13. Assess hospitalized patients referred for admission to the hospice if needed, to determine eligibility for admission; provide timely verbal and written certification for patient eligibility.
14. Review the plans of care for patients to ensure that the care ordered is in the Plan of Care and symptom management goals.
15. Carry out duties and responsibilities in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service. Consistently represent Columbus Hospice to all internal and external customers with integrity and professionalism.
Carla Martin, HR Director
Phone: (706) 341-4641
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (706) 341-4641
- Apply online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=26742&clientkey=1CA49912EF8BFF13702723A5471E6638
- Attn: Carla Martin