Medical Director - Palliative Care Programs
May 12, 2020
Clearwater, FL, United States
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
The Medical Director, Palliative Care Programs, is an employed physician who leads – in collaboration with the Palliative Care APRN Program Director– both the Community-Based and Inpatient Palliative Care Programs and oversees the medical care for patients in these growing programs.
Provides direction and guidance to the APRN Program Director to ensure optimal management of staff, the maintenance of quality care for patients and families, the maintenance of program certifications, and the optimization of productivity and revenues. Acts as the Collaborative Physician for team APRNs, signs off on all hospital visit notes, and oversees/manages cancer-related pain management prescribing in the community and in facilities.
Serves as the primary palliative care liaison between Empath Health and community physicians & entities, as well as others engaged in health services, to improve the quality of care provided to Empath Health patients and improve access for patients to palliative care consult services and, at the appropriate time, to hospice care.
Serves as an educator and researcher of palliative care and hospice.
About 75% of time will be spent providing direct medical care to patients in their homes, ALFs, SNFs, or hospitals.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
Other requirements of this role include:
• MD or DO from an accredited medical school.
• Additional Education: Masters or Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of five years post graduate medical practice experience, including direct practice involving palliative care [or fellowship training in palliative medicine and three years post graduate medical practice experience, including direct practice involving palliative care].
• Additional Experience in medical staff management and business development preferred.
• Licensure: Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida. DEA license required. (Must have Florida license prior to start date)
• Hospital Credentialing: Ability to secure privileges at regional hospitals.
• Certifications: CPR required.
• NPI provider and ability to bill CMS (Medicare & Medicaid) services or ability to obtain same.
• Board Certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties’ recognized specialty that deals with care of the terminally ill, such as Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Oncology or Geriatrics, and/or Board Certification by the American Board of Medical Specialties in Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
• Knowledge and experience in palliative medical practice and symptom management.
• Valid Florida driver’s license and automobile insurance as per agency policies.
• Ability to make home/residence visits.
• Basic keyboarding and computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word or comparable program.
• Must be (or become as expeditiously as possible) a member in good standing of the medical staffs of the accredited hospitals within the service area of Empath Health for which the Palliative Care Inpatient Program provides support.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (727) 523-4101
- Apply online: https://careers.empathhealth.org/job/clearwater/medical-director-palliative-care-palliative-care-physician-leader/1093/13765201
- Attn: Judith Petersen