Palliative Care Physician Needed Savannah, GA
April 27, 2020
Savannah, SC, United States
Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, GA is seeking an academic-minded Palliative Care physician to join our system and our rapidly growing Palliative Care program. Memorial Health is a 612-bed, tertiary care hospital with the only Level I Trauma Center and Children’s Hospital in South Georgia.
The position will require a candidate with Palliative Care program development experience. Primarily, the Palliative Care physician's responsibilities will include: consultations for acutely admitted patients with serious and life-limiting conditions. These consultations will be in conjunction with support from a Palliative Care Advanced Practice Provider and Palliative Care Social Worker (LCSW).
The ideal candidate will enjoy providing quality patient care while supervising and mentoring residents in the hospital and clinical settings. This position involves teaching residents in a didactic setting with Mercer University School of Medicine including system-wide education throughout the health system and community. We are looking for highly motivated faculty who enjoy resident education and autonomous practice balance.
• Practice is currently inpatient only with intention to expand to outpatient services in the near future
• Current practice is Monday – Friday with intent to have weekend coverage & shared call as the program grows
• Admissions are handled by hospitalist service or teaching services and palliative medicine remains a consult only service
• Employed position with HCA Physician Services Group featuring competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package
• Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine degree from an accredited institution
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Palliative Care
• Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Georgia
• Fellowship and/or training in palliative care and hospice, with experience (1-3 years) in the treatment of terminally ill patients.