Palliative Care Physician
March 16, 2020
Harrisburg, PA, United States
Palliative Care Physician
UPMC Pinnacle — a growing, seven hospital, multisite health care system — is seeking a physician to join the Supportive Care and Palliative Medicine program to provide inpatient and outpatient palliative medicine to patients with serious, chronic illness at the UPMC Cancer Institute, which includes UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg,, Community Osteopathic, and West Shore, and soon to be expanding into UPMC Lititz.
We offer a competitive salary with an array of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, relocation services, potential sign-on bonus, and a three-year retention bonus — just for starters.
• Join a successful program including three physicians and three certified nurse practitioners who provide pain and nonpain symptom management and advanced palliative care for patients as they receive care from their primary or specialist team
• Actively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family care experience
• Improve the effectiveness of resources as used in management of symptoms, complex chronic medical and social issues
• Flexible schedule
• Teaching opportunities with resident physicians, as well as medical, nursing, and CRNP students
• Shared call 1:7 by phone
• Board-certified/Board-eligible in Palliative Medicine
• Board-certified in primary specialty
• Must be able to assess, evaluate, plan, and implement care in complex and life limiting situations
• Must be capable of offering specialized knowledge and skill to all members of the health care staff
• Must have the ability to balance emotionally challenging situations in the context of serious medical illness
• Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care as well as family support and demonstrate clinical outcomes
• Will consider 2020 palliative fellowship graduates for candidacy
• Highly competitive salary with potential sign on bonus
• Health, life, and disability insurance
• Medical malpractice insurance
• Defined contribution plan; 403(b) with employer match
• Professional dues and CME allowance
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Relocation allowance
For the latest information on provider opportunities at UPMC Pinnacle, please contact:
Linda B. Campbell, M. Ed., FASPR
To apply, click here.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
About South Central Pennsylvania
• Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate World.
• Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes—a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
• Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live”, we are a two to three hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zwb3m7sx7f8f4j3q
- Apply online: http://www.Click2apply.net/zwb3m7sx7f8f4j3q