Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in Beautiful Coastal California
January 9, 2020
Santa Barbara, CA, United States
Based in Santa Barbara, Sansum Clinic is the oldest and largest non-profit, multi-specialty group between San Francisco and Los Angeles with over 200 physicians and surgeons and a staff of healthcare professionals in over 30 specialized areas of medicine. Sansum Clinic has garnered recognition, accreditation and awards from national and state agencies. It is our mission to provide an excellent healthcare experience, recognizing our first priority is the patients we serve. We continue to provide the most advanced care that our patients have come to expect from Sansum Clinic.
• Wants to innovate and improve the quality of care for patients & loved ones
• Manages chronic and complex conditions through collaboration with the patient and their care team
• Discusses and defines goals of care with patients, families and caregivers facing advanced illness.
• Evaluates the patient's medical condition and health history, performs physical exams, orders and interprets results from lab and other tests/procedures,
• Documents all pertinent work in the patient's EPIC medical record.
• Prescribes medications and/or tests as necessary, obtains consultations and makes referrals to internally and to other community care services.
• Performs comprehensive assessments of patients with advanced illness, including assessment of medical, mood, functional and cognitive status, as well as psychosocial and family support.
• Collaborate closely with palliative care team colleagues, the physician, in care coordination and social work to deliver person-centered care that enables patients to achieve their life goals.
• Work collaboratively with internal and community primary care physicians and specialists to craft individualized care plans for patients with advanced illness.
• Work collaboratively with local community organizations and agencies to provide smooth transitions of care for patients followed by the program.
• Assists patients and family in the development of Advance Healthcare Plans
• Provides education to internal and community stakeholders on a routine bases.
• Spanish Speaking Preferred
• Free Medical/Dental/Vision
• Sign on Bonus
• Relocation Assistance
• CME Stipend $2000
• 2 weeks per year for CME
• Malpractice Insurance
• Retirement: 401K & Profit Sharing
• Annual Leave
• Licensure/DEA Fees
• Board Exam Fee
• Nurse Practitioner with Directly Related Experience in Palliative Care
• Board Certified
• Eligible to Work in the United States
• CA Licensure or the Ability to Obtain CA Licensure
• CA Furnishing License or the Ability to Obtain CA Furnishing License
• Exceptional Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (805) 689-8256
- Apply online: https://www.sansumclinic.org/
- Attn: Shawneen Flanders-Clark