Palliative Medicine Physician
January 9, 2020
Duke University Health System
Durham, NC, United States
Duke Palliative Care seeks physicians with advanced training in palliative medicine to join our rapidly growing program. Selected candidates will have a faculty appointment, frequent teaching opportunities, and be a part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team. Practice areas and locations include inpatient and outpatient palliative care services in both academic and community teaching hospitals, inpatient and outpatient hospice, and the community. Positions are open for adult, pediatric, and mixed roles.
Additional highlights of this position include:
· A palliative care program that spans inpatient/outpatient/home/hospice for both pediatric and adult patients
· Opportunity to contribute to a health system-wide population-based palliative care initiative that includes innovation, quality improvement, and primary palliative care education
· Supervision of a variety of learners including medical students, residents, and Hospice & Palliative Medicine fellows.
· World-class academic environment with opportunities for mentorship and both local and national research.
· Competitive salary and benefits including block scheduling, paid time off, CME allowance, children’s tuition benefit, and exceptional 403b match plan.
Requirements include Board certification in Internal Medicine or one of its sub-specialties and Board Certification/ Eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine (fellowship training strongly preferred). Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications.
*Duke University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.