Chief Medical Officer (CMO)/ Vice President of Medical Services
October 28, 2019
Hospice & Community Care
Lancaster, PA, United States
Are you ready to embrace an incredible leadership opportunity as The Chief Medical Officer & Vice President of Medical Services?
Hospice & Community Care, PA’s largest not-for-profit hospice; seeks a talented leader to direct efforts for robust practice (30+ physicians & NPs) providing care to hospice and palliative patients in multiple communities. One of the only Hospices in PA to provide a Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship in collaboration with Penn Medicine, Lancaster General Health. Also the only hospice in the area to provide a 24 Bed Inpatient Unit to the community. The organization employees over 400 professionals, has 1200+ volunteers and enjoys a strong relationship with the community - raising $870k at our "famous" labor day auction! See more here: https://www.labordayauction.org/.
This exciting role provides leadership, strategic direction and medical oversight for the hospice and palliative care programs that results in effective planning, monitoring the quality of patient care, and appropriate resource utilization for the organization. Serves as medical spokesperson for Hospice & Community Care. Participates in the development and implementation of medical and administrative policies, procedures, and protocols to provide excellence in clinical outcomes. Collaborates with Hospice staff and others to design, conduct, and analyze research in hospice and palliative care. Serves as a representative of Hospice & Community Care and delivers hospice & palliative care education at local, regional and national levels.
Extremely competitive salary with bonus structure
Retirement options via 401K with match AND 457b plan
Generous PTO with yearly partial cash-out option
CME time and stipend
HPM or HMDCB certification fees and additional yearly stipend for maintaining certification
Malpractice, state licensure, and DEA covered
Professional dues for AAHPM, hospital staff membership, and local and state medical societies
- Doctor of medicine or osteopathy degree from an accredited medical school
- Licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania.
- Certified by the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Has demonstrated interest, knowledge, and skills in hospice and palliative care. At least two years’ experience as a hospice medical director preferred.
- Member (or ability to become a member) in good standing with the medical staff(s) of accredited hospitals in the Hospice & Community Care service area.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and to motivate, lead, and provide specialized medical direction, particularly in a team setting and also in physician-to-physician relationships.
- Demonstrates the ability to work compatibly as a team member in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the Hospice and Palliative Care programs.
- Able to provide for staff educational needs regarding current trends and treatments in hospice care, palliative care and pain and symptom management.
For full description & to apply: https://www.hospiceandcommunitycare.org/search-openings/ click on Chief Medical Officer/Vice President of Medical Services to OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest information on additional physician opportunities, please contact:
Andrea M. Aldinger, Vice President, Business Development and Operations
Office: 717-391-2481 or email@example.com
South Central PA Region: Enjoy a vibrant mix of country and urban lifestyles in Central Pennsylvania while living close to Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and NYC. Lancaster has been recognized by Forbes.com as one of the "10 Coolest U.S. Cities to Visit, “and as the "#1 Best Place to Retire in US" by U.S. News & World Report. Fulton Theater, Lancaster Symphony, and multiple college and university events to enjoy. Family-friendly with great neighborhoods and excellent public schools.