Hospice and Palliative Care Physician Opportunity in Greenville, NC
August 8, 2019
Vidant Medical Center - Hospice House
Greenville, NC, United States
Vidant Medical Group is seeking a Physician with Hospice and Palliative Care experience to join its established Hospice and Palliative Care team in Greenville, NC at Vidant Medical Center. Palliative Care Fellowship preferred.
• Employment by Vidant Medical Group
• Established team includes: 2 physicians, 6 APP providers, RN’s, social workers, and chaplains
• Hospice and Palliative Care team provides clinical care to patients in Vidant’s 24-bed palliative care unit located inside the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Cancer Center, an 8-bed freestanding hospice house, and to patients receiving care through Vidant’s home hospice program
• Consult service averages 200 new patient consults per month
• Close proximity to NC and VA beaches and outdoor activities
• Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: annual CME stipend, relocation, vacation, sick, & holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, medical, dental & vision, disability & life insurance
Responsibilities will include:
• Serve as lead physician and medical director of hospice house
• Development of expanded outpatient palliative care services
• Participate in professional and community education and marketing events
• Collaborate with community referring physicians and organizations
• Manage patient care of inpatient and home hospice patients
• Perform clinical rounds on hospice inpatient unit
• Lead multidisciplinary rounds with home and inpatient team
• Conduct and participate in family meetings
• Perform and document face to face assessments for hospice certification and recertification
• Interface with palliative and hospice teams and participate in collaborative activities
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 500 providers in more than 90 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
• Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
• Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
• Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
• Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
• Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about our Hospice and Palliative care opportunity, then please contact Ashley Rudolph at email@example.com or call: 252.847.1944.