Assistant Professor-Hospice and Palliative Medicine
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Columbus, OH, United States, 43210
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is seeking a Palliative Care Physician to join the Division of Palliative Medicine as part of an interdisciplinary team, providing comprehensive management of physical, psychosocial and spiritual distress to patients throughout the hospital system.
Our program is a busy, growing, well integrated part of a tertiary referral medical center comprised of five hospitals: The James Cancer Center, The Ross Heart Hospital, University Hospital, University East Hospital, and the Brain and Spine Hospital. We also have very well established outpatient clinics: James Cancer Palliative Care Clinic and Ross Heart Palliative Care Clinic. We have four ACGME accredited fellowship positions, as well as educational relationships with fellows of several specialties, residents, and students of the College of Medicine. This position is a clinical academic appointment through The Ohio State University College of Medicine. The ideal candidate will be BC/BE and fellowship trained in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, an expert in pain and symptom management, and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- BC/BE-Fellowship Trained for ABMS Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Highly skilled in Palliative symptom management techniques
- Exceptional communication skills
- Skill and/or interest in clinical practice of Palliative Medicine for high acuity patients in a tertiary referral academic medical center
- Interest in Teaching trainees, staff, and peers essential
- Experience and/or interest in Research highly desirable
- Experience and/or interest in presenting at the local, regional, national and international level highly desirable
- Ohio Medical License or able to meet the requirements
- DEA License
For consideration, please send CV and cover letter to:
Phone: (614) 293-8723