CAPC Payment Accelerator: A Joint Virtual Workshop for Home-Based Care Teams
Thursday, September 23, 2021
11:30 am-5:30 pm ET
The CAPC Payment Accelerator, presented by CAPC and the Home Centered Care Institute (HCCI), helps organizations specializing in the care of high-need, seriously ill patients to understand and pursue value-based payment opportunities. Join us to learn how to build sustainable financial partnerships with health insurance plans, accountable care organizations, and others—both to secure initial support and operate effectively within value-based contracts. Attendees can earn 5.25 hours of CME credits.
Visit the HCCI website to register. Cost is $195 per person, with a discount for teams of three or more from the same practice/organization.
- Introduction to Value-Based Payment
- Leadership Skills: Building Strategic Relationships
- Business Planning Principles: Building a budget, Demonstrating Good Stewardship of Resources, and Calculating Financial Needs
- Operating High-Quality, Efficient Programs in a Value-Based World: Program Staffing, Patient Engagement and Stratification
- Tying it All Together
Who Should Attend
The Payment Accelerator is open to all clinical care programs serving high-need patients in the home setting, which may include long-term care settings. For maximum benefit, CAPC recommends that teams of 2-3 individuals from the same program or organization attend the workshop together, including the following roles:
- Clinical program leadership – responsible for program design and the quality of care delivered
- Financial leadership – responsible for program budgeting and/or revenue cycle
- Marketing/business development leadership – responsible for external relationships and growing referrals to the programs
- Contracting/managed care leadership – responsible for building relationships with payers and/or negotiating payment contracts