PCLC at Fairview Health Services
Drew RosielleMD, FAAHPM, Palliative Medical Director and Fellowship Program Director
Jody ChrastekDNP, Pediatric Palliative Care Coordinator
Michael FinchNP, Lead Advanced Practice Provider
Available In-Person Training Dates
Fairview Health Services At-A-Glance
Fairview is a nonprofit health care system with over 32,000 employees working in academic and community hospitals, primary and specialty clinics, home care and hospice, and senior services. Our palliative care program includes inpatient consult teams in our academic adult and pediatric hospitals as well as in our largest community hospital; advanced practice palliative care providers serve in two community hospitals. Fairview has the largest network of palliative care clinics in Minnesota, with physicians, nurses, and social workers in five palliative care clinics. Our system’s palliative home care and hospice program serves both children and adults. Fairview’s strong focus on education includes physician and social work fellowships, rotations for learners, and a serious illness communication training program. American Hospital Association Circle of Life award winner.
Key benefits of training with Fairview include:
- Access to a four-discipline consult team with processes for team collaboration that have been developed and refined over a fifteen-year period
- Hands-on experience with the cost avoidance model, which documents the financial impact of palliative care from the hospital perspective
- Insight into Fairview’s clinical palliative care educational programming
- Opportunities to learn from palliative care physicians, advanced practice nurses, clinical social workers, and chaplains, with planned time for discipline-specific dialogue
- Processes for establishing a palliative care clinic and interdisciplinary collaboration in the outpatient setting
- Strategies for system-wide involvement, including strategies for palliative care collaboration with oncology, cardiology, and other service lines
- In-depth look at standardization of palliative care practices—and quality—across a health system
- Access to a pediatric palliative care program that spans hospital, clinic, home, and Medicare-certified pediatric hospice
Other Locations & In-Person Training Dates
An early adopter and national leader in delivering quality hospice services, Bluegrass is a pioneer in developing new program models that respond to the evolving needs of seriously ill patients and their families . It also has a rich history of exploring models that are both high quality and financially sustainable. . . .
- Sep 11–12, 2018
- Oct 16–17, 2018
Mount Carmel was one of the first PCLCs and has trained over 175 teams. Its hospice services and palliative care services are provided in acute palliative care units, consultatively across all hospitals, and in the community, from private residences to long-term care facilities and more . . .
- Jun 28–29, 2018
- Sep 20–21, 2018
The largest integrated health system in New York State, based on patient revenue, and the 14th-largest health care system in the United States. Inpatient palliative care teams, outpatient practices, and post-acute services are fully integrated to deliver care across the system . . .
- Sep 26–28, 2018
- Oct 3–5, 2018
A not-for-profit health care system with a focus on community-based palliative care. In addition to its eight hospitals, Presbyterian’s system includes a multi-specialty medical group and a statewide health plan. The system is also known nationally for integrating health care financing and delivery . . .
- Aug 23–24, 2018
- Oct 18–19, 2018
A mature program with a large scope, breadth of expertise, and divese patients populations. Provides services that include inpatient consultations at three hospitals and inpatient palliative care units; and community-based palliative care services, such as a supportive care and survivorship clinic and telehealth research program . . .
- May 31–Jun 1, 2018
- Sep 11–12, 2018
- Oct 23–24, 2018
A palliative care inpatient consult service and an outpatient clinic in an academic medical center with hospitalist leadership. UCSF also specializes in pediatrics and palliative care in the home and assisted living . . .
- Sep 25–26, 2018
- Dec 18–19, 2018
- Mar 21–22, 2019
UVA’s extensive palliative care program includes an office based palliative care clinic associated with an inpatient consultation service, as well as home and inpatient hospices. It has a large outpatient service embedded in both the oncology and heart-failure clinics. It is also a leader in EMR integration. . . .
- Jun 7–8, 2018
- Oct 4–5, 2018
A statewide safety-net hospital and Level 1 trauma center with palliative care services, including a palliative care unit, inpatient consultation, and an outpatient supportive care clinic. The inpatient consultative service provides care for patients in all of VCU’s clinical spaces, including acute care medicine, the emergency department, surgery, trauma, and intensive care units . . .
- Oct 9–10, 2018