PCLC at Bluegrass Care Navigators
Liz FowlerMPH, President and CEO
Anne MonroeMHA, Executive Director of Palliative Care
Turner WestMPH, MTS, Director of Education
Bluegrass Care Navigators At-A-Glance
Bluegrass Care Navigators is a national leader in delivering high-quality care and a pioneer in developing new programs that respond to the evolving needs of seriously ill patients and their families. In addition to providing hospice services in thirty-two counties across central, southeastern, and northern Kentucky, Bluegrass Care Navigators operates Bluegrass Palliative Care, Bluegrass Extra Care, Bluegrass Transitional Care, and Bluegrass Grief Care. All of these programs offer invaluable services that enhance the quality of life for patients and families.
Key benefits of training with Bluegrass also include access to:
- Guidance on effective strategies for building community partnerships, with special focus on hospital-hospice partnerships
- Insight into opportunities for palliative care in a value-based health care delivery system
- Senior Bluegrass Care Navigators leadership
- Three distinct hospice-led hospital palliative care programs, as well as to long-term care, home health care, and clinic programs
- Insight into cultivating strong relationships between hospices and local hospitals
- Guidance on serving a largely rural population
- Financial and logistical models for adding palliative care to existing hospice services
- Palliative care billing information for hospices, hospitals, and physician practices
- Input on staffing hospital palliative care programs using both hospice and hospital resources
- A concrete plan of action for hospices starting or strengthening a hospital or community-based palliative care program
- A strategic plan for implementing palliative care in long-term care, home care, and outpatient settings
Other Locations & Training Dates
With program longevity of 18 years, and the early development of clinics, the program at Fairview is part of a large nonprofit health care system working in hospitals, primary and specialty clinics, home care, hospice, and senior services. It has a strong focus on rural and community hospitals . . .
- Mar 22–23, 2021
- May 10–11, 2021
- Sep 13–14, 2021
- Oct 11–12, 2021
Mount Carmel was one of the first PCLCs and has trained over 175 teams. Its hospice services and palliative care services are provided in acute palliative care units, consultatively across all hospitals, and in the community, from private residences to long-term care facilities and more . . .
The largest integrated health system in New York State, based on patient revenue, and the 14th-largest health care system in the United States. Inpatient palliative care teams, outpatient practices, and post-acute services are fully integrated to deliver care across the system . . .
- Jan 20–22, 2021
- Mar 24–26, 2021
- May 19–21, 2021
- Sep 22–24, 2021
A not-for-profit health care system with a focus on community-based palliative care. In addition to its nine hospitals, Presbyterian’s system includes a multi-specialty medical group and a statewide health plan. The system is also known nationally for integrating health care financing and delivery . . .
- Feb 4–18, 2021
- Apr 8–22, 2021
- Sep 29–30, 2021
- Oct 20–21, 2021
A mature program with a large scope, breadth of expertise, and diverse patient populations. Provides services that include inpatient consultations at three hospitals and inpatient palliative care units; and community-based palliative care services, such as a supportive care and survivorship clinic and telehealth research program . . .
- Jan 27–28, 2021
- Mar 8–9, 2021
- Jun 8–9, 2021
- Oct 27–28, 2021
- Dec 7–8, 2021
A palliative care inpatient consult service and an outpatient clinic in an academic medical center with hospitalist leadership. UCSF also specializes in pediatrics and palliative care in the home and assisted living . . .
- Jun 14–15, 2021
- Sep 13–14, 2021
- Dec 6–7, 2021
UVA’s extensive palliative care program includes an office based palliative care clinic associated with an inpatient consultation service, as well as home and inpatient hospices. It has a large outpatient service embedded in both the oncology and heart-failure clinics. It is also a leader in EMR integration. . . .
- Jan 29–30, 2021
- Mar 18–19, 2021
- Apr 15–16, 2021
- May 13–14, 2021
- Jun 17–18, 2021
A statewide safety-net hospital and Level 1 trauma center with palliative care services, including a palliative care unit, inpatient consultation, and an outpatient supportive care clinic. The inpatient consultative service provides care for patients in all of VCU’s clinical spaces, including acute care medicine, the emergency department, surgery, trauma, and intensive care units . . .
- Mar 25–26, 2021
- May 20–21, 2021
- Jun 17–18, 2021
- Sep 23–24, 2021
- Nov 18–19, 2021