PCLC at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Abby Gilbert-SaviCNP, Medical Director, Presbyterian Palliative Outpatient Services
Lorrie GriegoMBA, Program Manager for Advance Care Planning
Laura NaazManager, Practice Operations, Presbyterian Healthcare at Home
Catrece StuddardMBA, Director of Practice Operations
Presbyterian Healthcare Services At-A-Glance
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of our patients, members, and communities by providing affordable and convenient care. A not-for-profit healthcare system, we are locally owned and operated and are known nationally for our experience integrating healthcare financing and delivery. Our system includes nine hospitals, a multi-specialty medical group, and a statewide health plan. Among our many innovations are Hospital at Home and Emergency Department navigation programs, data-driven population health initiatives, Video Visits, online Urgent Care scheduling, and the MyChart patient portal. We share expertise outside New Mexico by partnering with systems developing their own provider-owned health plans. Presbyterian is recognized for excellence as Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report and among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for multiple clinical areas from Healthgrades. With more than 11,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in New Mexico.
The benefits of training with Presbyterian also include access to:
- An inside look at an interdisciplinary palliative care team delivering services across the continuum of care, including home and office-based practices
- Insight into integrating an inpatient palliative care team with home health and hospice services
- Palliative care experience in both primary care and specialty clinics
- A shared model of care, including palliative services as part of a house calls and Hospital at Home practice, and operating an Advanced Illness Management program for identified high-needs Medicare Advantage patients
- A care model serving patients in urban, suburban, and rural environments
- Experience working with Albuquerque Ambulance and community services organizations to provide continuous coverage and optimal care transitions for patients living across a broad territory
- Expertise using health system data to identify potential palliative care patients, and a look into sophisticated clinical documentation built into the Epic environment
- Experience with new palliative care payment models, including a shared capitation arrangement with the system’s health plan as well as expertise in optimizing fee-for-service billing
- Expertise in developing onboarding and training programs for new staff
Other Locations & Training Dates
An early adopter and national leader in delivering quality hospice services, Bluegrass is a pioneer in developing new program models that respond to the evolving needs of seriously ill patients and their families . It also has a rich history of exploring models that are both high quality and financially sustainable. . . .
- Mar 2–3, 2022
- Jun 1–2, 2022
- Sep 14–15, 2022
- Nov 9–10, 2022
Mount Carmel was one of the first PCLCs and has trained over 175 teams. Its hospice services and palliative care services are provided in acute palliative care units, consultatively across all hospitals, and in the community, from private residences to long-term care facilities and more . . .
The largest integrated health system in New York State, based on patient revenue, and the 14th-largest health care system in the United States. Inpatient palliative care teams, outpatient practices, and post-acute services are fully integrated to deliver care across the system . . .
- Mar 23–25, 2022
- May 18–20, 2022
- Sep 28–30, 2022
A mature program with a large scope, breadth of expertise, and diverse patient populations. Provides services that include inpatient consultations at three hospitals and inpatient palliative care units; and community-based palliative care services, such as a supportive care and survivorship clinic and telehealth research program . . .
- Dec 7–8, 2021
- Jan 27–28, 2022
- Mar 8–9, 2022
- May 5–6, 2022
- Sep 12–13, 2022
- Dec 7–8, 2022
A palliative care inpatient consult service and an outpatient clinic in an academic medical center with hospitalist leadership. UCSF also specializes in pediatrics and palliative care in the home and assisted living . . .
UVA’s extensive palliative care program includes an office based palliative care clinic associated with an inpatient consultation service, as well as home and inpatient hospices. It has a large outpatient service embedded in both the oncology and heart-failure clinics. It is also a leader in EMR integration. . . .
- Dec 9–10, 2021
- Jan 13–14, 2022
- Feb 10–11, 2022
A statewide safety-net hospital and Level 1 trauma center with palliative care services, including a palliative care unit, inpatient consultation, and an outpatient supportive care clinic. The inpatient consultative service provides care for patients in all of VCU’s clinical spaces, including acute care medicine, the emergency department, surgery, trauma, and intensive care units . . .
- May 19–20, 2022
- Aug 25–26, 2022
- Oct 20–21, 2022