Palliative Care Events Calendar
CAPC provides a timely listing of upcoming events related to palliative care. If you would like to submit information about an upcoming palliative care conference or seminar, please send us an e-mail.
CAPC National Seminar
Mark Your Calendars!
Rosen Centre Hotel, Orlando, FL
November 13—15, 2014
Contemplative End of Life Care Certificate Program
Online Session: September 2 – December 21, 2014
Residential Session: October 1 – October 10, 2014, near Ithaca, New York
CE’s in nursing, social work and chaplaincy
This certificate program combines 15 weeks of online learning with an 8-day residential retreat. It brings together best practices of hospice and palliative care with authentic and practical contemplative resources inspired by the acclaimed classic, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Taught by leaders in contemplative and palliative care, the course recognizes and nurtures a deeper understanding of the emotional and spiritual dimensions of living and dying, and the deeply human aspects of caregiving. It strengthens communication and skills that lead to better care for patients and families, and authentic self-care for clinicians. Participants develop and strengthen existent core competencies in:
- Transforming difficult situations;
- Responding effectively to patient and family needs;
- Facilitating the process of healing relationships, resolving unfinished business, and saying goodbye;
- Strengthening resilience, healing exhaustion and cultivating awareness and compassion through meditation, mindfulness and contemplative practices;
- Enhancing interpersonal skills needed for effective inter-professional communication and collaboration.
The Contemplative End of Life Care Certificate Program is relevant for:
- Administrators and supervisors who want to support and strengthen their teams;
- Professionals and trained volunteers who seek to enhance clinical skills, communicate more effectively and nurture authentic work-life balance;
- Individuals who want to learn from leaders in palliative medicine, contemplative end-of-life care, social work and other areas, and expand their specialization in end-of-life care; and
- Physicians, nurses and other healthcare members who want to offer genuine, loving care.
Questions? Contact Crystal Cullerton-Sen, Director or call 1-866-511-CARE.
Palliative Medicine and Supportive Oncology 2014, The 17th International Symposium
September 18—20, 2014
Green Valley Ranch
Las Vegas, NV
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 17, 2014
PHONE: (216) 448-0777
NHPCO's 15th Clinical Team Conference and Pediatric Intensive
October 25—26, 2014 (Education Programs and Preconference Seminars)
October 27—29, 2014 (Main Conference)
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Join other hospice and palliative care professionals as they enhance their knowledge in the delivery of quality hospice palliative care. Some of the topics covered include:
- Cutting-edge information on the growing field of palliative care
- Approaches to enhance patient/family-centered care
- Pain assessment, symptom management and comfort measures
- Complementary therapies
- Hospice’s role in management of conditions such as COPD, end-stage heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Pediatric palliative care approaches
For Details Visit the NHPCO Website: www.nhpco.org/CTC2014