Welcome to the Center to
Advance Palliative Care
We provide essential tools, training, technical assistance, and connection for all clinicians caring for people with a serious illness.
Looking for resources for people living with serious illness?
Visit GetPalliativeCare.org to learn more about palliative care and where to find it in your area.
What's New at the Center to Advance Palliative Care
Events, ideas, and resources for improving the care of people living with a serious illness.
Palliative Care Leadership During the Pandemic: Results from a Recent Survey
Here's what 150 palliative care program leaders had to say about leading their teams through a pandemic.
How Deprescribing Can Mitigate the Problem of Overmedication
The importance of reviewing a patient's list of medications before adding to it—and how to assess if a patient is overmedicated.
Virtual Office Hours
Breaking Point: Debriefing to Address the Challenges of Our Work
Tuesday, September 6 at 11:30 a.m. ET
Thursday, September 8 at 11 a.m. ET
Free and open to all
Become a CAPC Member
Join a vibrant network of health care professionals at over 1,700 organizations benefiting from CAPC membership
- Start or strengthen your palliative care program
- Address gaps in care
- Train staff of all specialties and disciplines in communication, pain and symptom management, and other key skills
CAPC offers a wide variety of free resources, but members get exclusive access to even more.
Clinical and operational online curriculum with FREE continuing education credits for all disciplines, and free MOC points for physicians
Webinars with leading experts in the field, and Virtual Office Hours where you can consult with CAPC faculty
Hundreds of ready-to-use tools, tutorials, case studies, and monographs to draw from best practices in palliative care
Clinicians from all specialties and disciplines can improve their skills and practice while earning continuing education credits and CAPC Designation status
Online self-study curriculum units:
Defining palliative care, which patients need it, how it is delivered, and how palliative care differs from hospice.
Tools and Technical Assistance
Access proven resources for new and established programs
Includes 71 resources:
- Recent Medicare Billing Updates
- Foundational Principles of Palliative Care Billing
- Evaluation and Management (E/M)
- Prolonged Services
- Advance Care Planning (ACP)
- Dementia Care: Cognitive Assessment and Care Planning
- Principal Care Management, Chronic Care Management and Complex Chronic Care Management
- Care Plan Oversight (CPO)
- Transitional Care Management (TCM)
- Billing for Palliative Care in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and the Emergency Department (ED)
- Long-Term Care
- Relative Value Units (RVUs)