Open rank/Clinician-Educator track faculty member, Palliative Medicine
October 24, 2019
University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center
Albuquerque, NM, United States, 87131-0001, NM, United States
The University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, Department of Internal Medicine, seeks an open rank/Clinician-Educator track faculty member to join the Division of Palliative Medicine. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and education. The University of New Mexico Hospital is a safety net Hospital and the only level I trauma center in the state caring for diverse and underserved population. The growing interdisciplinary Palliative Care team cares for patients in both inpatient and outpatient consultation settings, and is home to the only Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship program in New Mexico. Team members include physicians, advance practice nurses, social workers, a chaplain and Arts-in-Medicine providers. Successful applicants will possess outstanding clinical skills, the ability to work collaboratively on an IDT caring for a diverse and underserved patient population in inpatient and outpatient settings, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and have a strong interest in Palliative Care education to learners of all levels and backgrounds. We foster inclusiveness and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
1) Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency in a primary medical specialty and maintenance of board certification in this primary medical specialty and/or subspecialty
2) Board certification/eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine by date of hire
3) Employment in the field of Palliative Medicine or completion of a Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship within the last 24 months
4) Eligibility to work in US (this is not a J-1 or H-1B visa opportunity)
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Successful completion of an HPM fellowship by start date
2) Palliative Care clinical expertise and excellence as a consultant in an academic setting
3) Excellence in Palliative Care Education
4) Excellence in Palliative Care Scholarship/Research/QI Improvement
For complete description and application requirements for Posting Requisition#7188.
Please see the UNM jobs application system at: https://unmjobs.unm.edu.
Inquiries may be directed to Lisa Marr, MD, Division Chief of Palliative Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico (email@example.com).
UNM’s confidential policy (“Disclosure of Information about Candidates for Employment,” UNM Board of Regents’ Policy Manual 6.7), which includes information about public disclosure of documents submitted by applicants, is located at https://policy.unm.edu/regents-policies/section-6/6-7.html
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply online: https://unmjobs.unm.edu
- Attn: Lisa Marr, MD, Divisioin Chief of Palliative Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico