PALLIATIVE MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
September 6, 2019
The University of Maryland School of Medicine
Baltimore, MD, United States
PALLIATIVE MEDICINE PHYSICIAN (3-309-1012) – The University of Maryland School of Medicine is seeking a full-time academic palliative medicine physician for our expanding program. Clinical duties will include both inpatient activities as well as development of an outpatient program. Successful candidates will be board certified/eligible in Palliative Medicine. Strong foundation in internal medicine, teaching and research or quality improvement experience are preferred.
The newly created Division of Palliative Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine resides in the Department of Medicine and comprised of a team of 4 MDs, 4 NPs, an RN manager, dedicated Clinical Pharmacist, Program Support and a Business Administrator .The members of the team serve as expert palliative consultants to the UMMC’s multi-disciplinary service teams, adding an extra layer of support to patients and their families.
Strengths of program, as validated by independent consultants are:
• Staff: Multidisciplinary and highly motivated staff
• Supported by: Physician directors of our Medical and Surgical ICUs; Shock Trauma Center Director; Hospital Chief Medical Officer and Nursing leadership; Chairs of Internal and Family Medicine.
• Quality: Routine collection of operational data; project integration with Medical ICU
• Research: Strong foundation and support exists for grant funding to further interdisciplinary Palliative Medicine research.
Expected faculty rank for this position is at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher, however, final rank, tenure status and salary will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience. Excellent salary/benefits package available. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, current CV, a brief statement regarding their clinical/research interests and the names of 4 references using the following link: https://umb.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900016Z&lang=en
For additional questions after application, please email (email@example.com)
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
- Phone: (410) 328-2454
- Apply online: https://umb.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900016Z&lang=en
- Attn: https://umb.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900016Z&lang=en