Medical Director - Palliative Care ProgramsMay 14, 2019
Suncoast Hospice - Empath Health
Clearwater, FL, United States
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
We are currently seeking a Medical Director for our Palliative Care Programs who will be an employed physician and will direct, manage, lead and grow both the Community-Based and Inpatient Programs and oversee the medical care for patients in these programs
The Medical Director will provide direction and guidance to Empath Health Palliative Care Programs and oversee the medical staff function in these settings to assure the maintenance of quality care for patients and families.
The Medical Director also serves as a liaison between Empath Health and community physicians, as well as others engaged in health services, to improve the quality of care provided to Empath Health patients and improve access for patients to palliative care consult services and to hospice care.
In addition, the Medical Director serves as an educator and researcher of hospice and palliative care and provides direct medical care as necessary to patients in their homes, care centers, hospitals or in a variety of medical settings.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent; Minimum of five years post graduate medical practice experience [or fellowship training in palliative medicine and three years post graduate medical practice experience]
• Experience in medical staff management preferred
• Licensure: Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida
• Certifications: CPR required
• MD or DO from an accredited medical school
• Board certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties’ recognized specialty that deals with care of the terminally ill, such as Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Oncology or Geriatrics.
• Board Certification by the American Board of Medical Specialties in Hospice and Palliative Medicine strongly preferred
• Knowledge and experience in palliative medical practice and symptom management
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (727) 523-4101
- Apply online: https://careers.empathhealth.org/job/clearwater/medical-director-palliative/1093/11103836
- Attn: Judith Petersen