Internal Medicine Palliative Care Nurse PractitionerApril 18, 2019
Westchester Medical Center
Valhalla, NY, United States
WMCHealth is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join the Internal Medicine department at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York. This is an exceptional opportunity to expand our current palliative care program in an academic environment.
The successful candidate would have a minimum of 2 years in the clinical practice of palliative care, board certification or eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Care, current DEA certificate, and ability to obtain or already holds a NYS license and certification as a nurse practitioner. This is an employed position in our academic group with comprehensive benefits, CME, and malpractice coverage.
This position is 95% clinical, with responsibilities which include:
• Assessments of health status of patients by means of comprehensive medical and psychosocial health history and physical exam
• Symptom and medication management, including controlled substances to optimize patient care and comfort
• Provision of teaching and counseling to patients, families, and other clinical providers as appropriate
• Documentation in accordance with medical practice for reimbursement for services provided
• Coordination with members of the interdisciplinary palliative care team, including physician, social work, and chaplain as well as the patient’s primary care team
This position is 5% administrative which includes participation in clinical staff meetings, hospital policy committees and palliative care quality improvement initiatives.
- E-mail: Loretta.Modesto@WMCHealth.org
- Phone: (914) 493-2016
- Apply online: https://www.westchestermedicalcenter.com/
- Attn: Loretta Modesto, Senior Physician Recruiter for WMCHealth