NP/PA for inpatient palliative care teamApril 2, 2019
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn Medicine
Philadelphia, PA, United States
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking an Advanced Practitioner to join our inpatient Palliative Care Program. The Palliative Care specialty provides pain/symptom management, psychosocial support and advance care planning for patients and families facing serious illness. Our inter-professional team works together to provide expert patient- and family-centered consultative palliative care. The palliative care clinician is responsible for working as a consultant throughout the hospital, visiting patients and families and offering recommendations to the primary medical team. Consultations occur in all acute care settings, including oncology floors, general medical-surgical floors, specialty units, and critical care units. The NP/PA will participate in daily inter-professional palliative care team meetings and support the interdisciplinary team model of practice by facilitating team cohesion and communication. The NP/PA will provide expert symptom management and guide important discussions with patients and families to promote a personalized, comprehensive plan that aligns psychosocial, spiritual, and medical care with patient and family care goals.
• Master’s prepared Nurse Practitioner with Acute Care certification or Master's prepared Physician Assistant
• Current Pennsylvania license (or eligible to obtain)
• Training/experience in palliative care, hospice, or geriatrics preferred
Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently with a wide variety of medical and surgical services are preferred.
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm - No weekends or on call requirements.
- E-mail: Rachel.Klinedinst@uphs.upenn.edu
- Apply online: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_pennmedicine/external/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=85434&localeCode=en-us
- Attn: Rachel Klinedinst